Translate

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Remembering to Breathe While Raking

      © Swadesh Misra


There is a meditation to picking up sticks.
Never have I picked up more sticks in my life!
I make piles:
          1 Big branches to be (like a tv husband)
broken down, and (like a tv wife) kept,
for some fire in the desirable future.
          2 Sticksized, for kindling.
          3 Bitty twigs I’ll leave on the deck
out back, for birds/squirrels to take
for nests, say, on an as-needed basis.
I put dirty or molded
wet wood with leaves
in bags they mark
‘for yard waste only,’
as if leaves & felled things
were the result of my lawn’s endocrine.
My own adrenaline kicks up when
the lawn bag breaks.
Shush shush!  goes my rake.

-by Bree


Bree is founder of Green Panda Press (Cleveland, OH) which publishes poetry and art paperbacks, chaps and sundry of the small press. Her work appears in little mags. She is the author of three memoirs.

Photo Courtesy: Swadesh Misra

Swadesh Misra is a photographer, writer, traveler and an artist. He loves music, nature, divinity, dreams, country, hiking and nothing more. He believes in miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment