Translate

Thursday, September 25, 2014

PROPERTY

      © Marko Davidović

1. 
In the light
I keep thinking about the way
you keep your thumb hooked in
the belt loop of my jeans, like you have me on
a leash, like you own me. I’m not sure I don’t like it.

2. 
In the dark
I lie on top, your skin grazes mine. I breathe
your scent, burrow in your flesh, forehead
flush against your belly, eager
mouth fellating your cock. So this is love!

3.  
In the even darker
Go ahead. Push me
down. Pin my wrists. Wedge your knees between my
thighs; pry me open. You know
you want to explore my corridor, my
antechamber, my presidential suite. There’s a basket
of fruit on my D-cup titties, Veuve Clicquot in my ‘fridge.

4. 
In the winter
You like fucking on top of the sheets, heater off,
windows open to remind us we’re still breathing. I
can see your breath, its smoke - and mirrors.

 5. 
In the cut
I keep thinking about the way
you keep me under your thumb.
“Yes,” you say. “This is love.”
And I’m not sure I don’t like it.

-by Alexis Rhone Fancher



Alexis Rhone Fancher’s work can (or soon will) be found in Rattle, The MacGuffin, Fjords Review, The Chiron Review, Good Men Project, Bloom Literary Journal, Poeticdiversity, Little Raven, This Is Poetry: Women of the Small Presses, Slipstream, The Mas Tequila Review, Broadzine!, H_NGM_N and elsewhere. She has been published in over twenty anthologies and chapbooks, both in the U.S. and abroad. She is the author of, “How I Lost My Virginity To Michael Cohen and Other Heart Stab Poems,” (Sybaritic Press, 2014.) Since 2013 Alexis has been nominated for two Pushcart Prizes and a Best of the Net award. She is poetry editor of Cultural Weekly. She and her husband, live and collaborate in a loft/studio space in downtown Los Angeles. They have a spectacular view.

Painting Courtesy: Marko Davidović

Marko Davidović was born in belgrade, 1981, finished Faculty of Applied Arts in Belgrade, 2005, in Graphic Design. Had 4 solo exhibitions and several group ones with some awards for graphic, graphic design, painting, drawing, own made font and calligraphy.



No comments:

Post a Comment