Translate

Monday, July 6, 2015

pain and mistakes

   

© Rafael González                                                                              © Rafael González

I am recovering from this open surgery
I am recovering from this pain and mistakes
people make even at the cost of a life
to them we are just fucking numbers.

They almost got me by pushing insulin
when i never had a history of diabetics
and I started shouting when I realized.

Soon they stopped and got so angry that
they threw me out of the ICU.
I was lucky not to get into that
insulin-induced coma from which
many people could never return,
hanging midway like Artaud
during his last few months
between living and the dead.

-by Subhankar Das



                                                                                  
Subhankar das is a poet, bookstore owner, and publisher of Bangla experimental materials. He produced six short films that have been honored at international film festivals, and has translated the works of Allen Ginsberg and Charles Bukowski in Bengali.

Art Courtesy: Rafael González

Rafael González is a visual and sound artist and he hails from Spain.



No comments:

Post a Comment