Translate

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Wither, Burn and Peel

      © Ana Maria
        
        A leaf falls during a late storm
                from an oak tree just outside my window.
                I watch this leaf wither away,
                before it touches the ground.

                A journey to an alternate path
                of the previous one I traveled yesterday,
                the ever lasting walk, brings blisters
                to my feet, that will one day
               wither away.

                The hot scorching sun is burning
                like an ant with cruelty from
                a magnifier glass.
                Can't seem to find a shadow
                to hide from the rays
                of this raging fireball in the sky.
                I catch a glimpse of myself
                my reflection staring back at me            
                waving, melting and withering away.

                I peel open my eyes and I'm safe.
                In my bed, all the familiar surroundings
                grabs the corners of my mouth,
                pasting a smile on my face, but..

                When I look out the window
                I see a leaf fall.
                The orange sun coming up,
                striking the clouds with pink swirls.
                My feet begin to burn, looking down
                at the smoke that begins to rise
                feeling myself burn and wither away.

             -by Donald Armfield


Donald Armfield. When his minds decides to leak out words, they sometimes make interesting poems, stories, or whatever. He is a coffee fueled family man with a passion for reading and writing. He has been published by Rooster Republic, James Ward Kirk, Dynatox Ministries, and more to come.

Painting Courtesy: Ana Maria

Ana Maria was born in Lisbon in 1959. In 1982 she graduated in Philosophy from the University of Porto and started her teaching career as a philosophy teacher at a secondary school. Simultaneously, Ana started working as an artist in the different domains of Fine Arts. She has been taking part in several national and international collective exhibitions.


3 comments:

  1. I like the poem. I like the blog..... congratulations for the lovers of art. From Portugal to Calcutá ana maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorites of all my poems. Currently trying to put together a chapbook of my horror style poems for publication. Be on the look out

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ana: Its my honor to have you on the blog. Thank you so much for the appreciation. Loads of love and respect from Kolkata to Portugal!!
    @Donald: Its great to have you here Bro!! Best wishes for your planned chapbook.Love.

    Nilimesh

    ReplyDelete