Translate

Thursday, October 2, 2014

One Word: PROSECCO

      © Silpinwita Das


Here are five more words:
LIVE FOR THE FUCKING DAY.

I don't save my bubbly for a special occasion, boo.
Come over to favor me with a friendly fuck.
I'll pour you two glasses.
I'm generous.

Much like our girl Kali 
I collect gentleman callers.
Don't be scared.
I kill so well
you'll feel like
you're floating
in fuck ass soup.

How Do You Say Booty Call in Spanish?

I can Google that shit. 
Everything I need to know I learned in my cowboy boots
after an eviscerating job interview on Union Street.
The bus took me to the bridge.
I thought of all the suicides.
I decided not to be a cliche.
I wiped away the tears and walked the beach
and then I walked the streets
and then I rode MUNI
and then I crawled into my rented bed
on Clayton Street
and under the influence of Benadryl and beer
dreamed of the loveliest cock in the world
sliding in and out of my mouth/pussy/ass
like it was designed solely
for my distraction
and destruction.
My love is deeper than deep and lovelier
than any rose,
French or English
or otherwise.

-by Misti Rainwater-Lites


Misti Rainwater-Lites is the author of Bullshit Rodeo and several other works of fiction. She resides in San Antonio. Contact Misti at roxixmas@gmail.com. 

Photo Courtesy: Silpinwita Das

Silpinwita Das lives in Kolkata and did her Master’s from Kalabhavana, Santiniketan in Graphic art. She is currently involved in an Indian traditional textile art with natural dye called Kalamkari. She can be reached at silpinwita@gmail.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment