Translate

Monday, February 23, 2015

Playing The Game: Janne Karlsson


Janne Karlsson


H&P: Why did you take cartoon/comical form of art as your medium of expression? who inspired you ?
JK: It just came naturally, I think. It´s a convenient medium. Just grabbing a pen and a paper and getting on with the job. I´ve tried painting too, but I´ll never be good at it. I don´t like the process of blending, mixing, waiting and cleaning. I´m too impatient.

H&P:  Your four favourite writers  you dream to work with?
JK: I already work with the best writers. Can´t really think of any other. Ace Frehley, maybe? He´s a musician though. I´d love to design his next album ha ha ha.

H&P: Someday you see that all your arts are on fire – your reactions?
JK: I never save any of my drawings. They´re all made on cheap printing paper and wouldn´t last more than a couple of years. I throw everything away. I´d welcome the flames. They would save me the work of disposing them myself.

H&P: As a cartoonist/comic writer/artist, do you get proper space from people around you to express your views  to the extent you want? If not, how do you handle your social affairs?
JK: I´m a hermit. Though I consider myself to be a fairly social person I don´t really "hang around" with people. I prefer to be alone.
I get my social needs satisfied from day jobs, like the one I currently have, teacher´s assistant at an asperger school.

H&P:  The artists you follow.
JK: I don´t follow any artists, but I love J.J campbell´s blog "Evil Delights". He´s a great and under appreciated poet.

H&P:  Do you suggest a newcomer to take art as a full time art job for living?
JK: I don´t know really. I can´t live off my art full time myself even though I live under simple conditions. Occasionally I make it a month or two, but then I´m forced to take odd jobs and temps. I guess it´d be easier for someone who doesn´t have kids to support.

H&P: Where do you hone your knife when  it gets blunt?
JK: In a bottle of wine/beer/jägermeister or between the legs of the woman I love.

H&P: Can you create art if you are completely broke?
JK: Yes, I´ve been doing that since I was born.
I don´t know if I´d be able to create art if I had lots of money though....

H&P: When will you stop doing art?
JK: Probably the day when I experience perpetual happiness or the day I die.

H&P: Briefly let us meet your family
JK: Two sons aged 15 and 18.

H&P: What are your further suggestions for Hash n’ Pumpkins!!
JK: Keep doing what you´re doing. You´re supporting the underground and for that you deserve many readers and appreciation.


No comments:

Post a Comment