Translate

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Truth, Dare or Drink

                     © Jocelyne Desforges


truth was my go-to choice;
but I got into the Cuervo
and began selecting dares:
running through dorm halls
in just my underwear,
licking raspberry jelly
off of a girl's nipples,
making out with every
other player, among
many others.

the tequila was gone and
so were our minds;
I woke up the next morning
in a bed full of naked
people I didn't know:  a
girl with two cocoa nipples
peeking out from
a hot pink tube top
rested her hand across my
bare crotch, a brassiere
fashioned to my head
like a pair of goggles

a twisted assortment of
smiling vaginas and
bare bottom crack
cheeks gazed back
at me; a flaccid
uncircumcised penis
winked from above and
said "good morning"
to me in a chipmunk
voice, a vicious and
maddening hangover
brewing.

we never played that
game again.

-by Kevin Ridgeway



Kevin Ridgeway is from Southern California, where he resides with his girlfriend and their one-eyed cat.  Recent work can be found or is forthcoming in Chiron Review, Re)verb, Kleft Jaw, Mojave River Review, Illya's Honey and East Jasmine Review, among many others.  His latest chapbook of poetry, All the Rage, is now available from Electric Windmill Press.

Painting Courtesy: "Jam" by Jocelyne Desforges

Jocelyne Desforges lives in Montreal, BA in Creation from UQAM, studied at The Institute of Applied Arts of Mtl and at the Fine Arts School of Montreal. Studied painting, silkscreening, ceramics and photography.






No comments:

Post a Comment